Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

1. When I first saw Walker Evan's photos, I felt like I was taking a step back into the lives of people that lived when iPhones and color tv didn't exist. It seems to show how elegant and simple that life used to be before the our part of the world became a manufacturing zone. I enjoy seeing the beauty of life and how it evolves and changes through time and through people and through pictures.
2.


 a) I smell the hope of aquatic fish fading, and the sweet welcoming scent of the watermelons stacked in wooden crates. The sweat and pride of little children showing their great trophies. I smell the salt in the ocean waves, lapping at the dock off in the distance.
b) I see the proud faces of hardworking kids, the tired but satisfied eyes. The signs of dealings luring the people into a what seems like a historical shack. The multiple hopes tacked and painted onto a creaky old wooden wall.
c) I hear the groan of the little men heaving watermelons onto their shoulders. The creak of an old shack, with much history and many years of experiences seeped into it's walls. I hear people negotiating prices, on what will and won't make it to their families table.
d) I taste the sweet fruit spreading across my tongue. The sweet and salty air making its way through my hair. I taste the layers of fish that have traveled miles and miles to make it to this very place.
e) I feel the affection for the family of this unknown experience. The soft but protective skin of the brave watermelon. I feel the humid air rising and falling in the atmosphere.


a) I smell the burnt tires pulling into the parking lot. The determination of the workers. I smell the clogged air making it's way to the moon.
b) I see the inspired aspiration of the woman perched on the tires. I see the ancient car parked on the outside of the parts store. The sophistication of the women and men, dressed for the occasion.
c) I hear the screech of tires on the pavement. The clink and clank of tools being applied to sick cars.
I hear the communicating voices of dedicated workers bringing the dough home.
d) I taste the musty, congested air. I taste sweat and tears, hopes and broken dreams. I taste the burning tires against the rays of the sun.
e) I feel the rubber tires making black marks on the strumming fingers. I feel the beads of sweat making its way to the tip of my nose. I feel a sense of longing, wondering if they are going to be stuck at this place in time for the rest of their lives.

3.  To spread awareness of my photographer, I would put posters around the school. It would spread awareness, even if people aren't intentionally looking for them. I would also add a digital aspect to it, so both kinds of people could be able to see the work of my photographer as well as me.

















Comments

Popular Posts