best of 2018

1. Pictures:
a)
This was one of my favorite photos because it shows how broken our world is. The man on the table is shouting the name of his brother who was shot. To me equality for all people is so important and shows that people will take a stand and will take action if things don't get better.
b)
I love this picture because it shows the first black president and his wife, who has made a big impact this year. I think that the portraits are very accurate to them, because they both brought class and inspiration to the white house. 
c)
I love and hate this picture. I love that is accurately representing how the United States is right now and I personally think there need to be things changed. I hate this picture because this is how our country has turned out.

2. Music
Image result for xxxtentacionI personally think that XXXTENTACION's music was influential this year. It became even more of a big deal when he was shot in a drive by. Even though his lyrics may not be the most artistic, they are raw and truthfull. He is someone who's made mistakes but is trying to fix them to make a better, more loving world.







3. Movie

Image result for the hate u give

I think that The Hate U Give was a very influential movie that was out this year. I think that the year's are coming when we are starting to take a stand for the flaws that are taking place in our world. This movie addresses problems that have been deeply rooted in our country since it was founded. 


Image result for michelle obama

4. I think that Michelle Obama did very well this year. She came out with a book and I personally think that she has done many things to try and improve certain situations in this country. 
Image result for march for our lives
5. I think that the most important news story this year was March For Our Lives. So many people were hurt this year by shootings all over the country, and we needed everyone to take a stand. 
Image result for shaun white
6. I think that one of the most influential athletes of 2018 for me was Shaun White. I met him this year and was able to listen to his story. It has inspired me greatly and it was an amazing experience. He also had an epic win in the winter games this year. What a blessing!

Comments

Popular Posts