Student of the Month

Emma Abelkis
Ms.Bilnowski
Alyssa Coltharp

During Emma’s energy sucking dance class, the intercom blared to announce her as the student of the month, right here at Bowie High School.

Emma Abelkis received the Student of the Month Award for her perseverance and hardwork in dance, and her contribution to overall ideas in this sport.

“I chose to take dance because it is a cool way to express yourself and it’s a lot of fun,” Emma said.

Ms. Bilnowski, the dance teacher here at Bowie, expressed her awe of talent that Emma has.

“When I first saw Emma dance, I was inspired. Her improv style was different- something that I had never seen before, and I think it also inspired other dancers to go out of their comfort zone and try something new.” Ms. Bilnowski said.

Ms. Bilnowski also added that Emma was a leader.

“She is always willing to give constructive feedback. She is honest and can sometimes be brutally honest, but makes the team stronger as a whole. I think she is going to be a very successful dancer going forward from her freshman career.” Ms.Bilnowski said.

One of her teammates also stepped forward to say some kind things about Emma.

“Emma is very presentable. She takes things very seriously, so when we need a professional to address a problem or to talk to someone, she is the person that we volunteer to confront the issue.” Alyssa Coltharp said.

Emma takes awards like this to heart and apparently is adding it to a collection.

“I work hard and I deeply care about my grades, which reflects how my work is expressed.” Emma said.

She also explains that she loves to learn about Biology, and enjoys it due to her teacher.

“I like biology because it is interesting, and I have a teacher who isn’t boring.” Emma said.
Emma likes to describe herself as Emotional.

“What I do depends on my emotions, and they change a lot.” Emma said.

Comments

Popular Posts