architecture preview


Habitat 67, Canada
1. Architect: Moshe Safdie
2. Year of Construction: 1967
3. Montreal, Canada
4. You can tour the Habitat 67
5. $22,195,920 to build or $140,00 per unit
6. The architecture was originally just a concieved thesis of an architect that wanted to see if that kind of creation could be built. 
7. I chose this building for the sole reason that it's in Canada. (just kidding) I picked this building because when I first saw it, it looked very complex and looked like it took a lot of time and effort to engineer and create. There are certain parts that are suspended and don't have any building below it, which can be a trip! I liked how it looked like a little community and where all of the boxes lead you to another place. Like a maze, but you know a little bit of where you're going. 






Eden Project, United Kingdom
1. Nicholas Grimshaw
2.1998-2001
3. Cornwall, England
4.You can plan visits to the Eden Project.
5.141 million Euro
6. The main point of the Eden Project is to connect a relationship to people and their environment and to show the importance of plants and the environment.
7. I chose this place because when I saw it first, it was really pretty. I like all the green and all of the plants and the way the whole place is set up. I love getting out in the world and I feel like this place is an advocate for that. Everyone seems to be happy to be there as well. It is there for a very good cause and a good purpose. 





Nord LB Building, Germany
1. Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
2.1985
3. Hanover, Germany
4.Yes, it is a building for art and I'm pretty sure that you can go inside and tour it. 
5.181 billion Euro
6. The building was created because of the passion of art that the architect had. He wanted to express that. 
7.  I chose this building because it looked very intricate and complicated when you first look at it. There are multiple layers and almost looks like you could twist and turn it with your own two hands if you had the ability to. It looks very cool from the outside, I want to see the inside!






Turning Torso, Sweden
1. Santiago Calatrava
2. 2001-2005
3. Malmo, Sweden
4.  You can look at the pretty country of Sweden by taking a tour all the way to the top.
5. There is no information on the cost of this building.
6. The Turning Torso is a residential building, and has won many awards for it creative architecture.
7. I chose this building because as you can see, it looks cool! There are boxes that seem to be turning constantly. I think that it would be cool to see what the inside of it looks like, and if the outside architecture has anything to do with how the inside of the building looks.



Cubic Houses, Netherlands
1. Piet Blom
2.1977
3. Rotterdam, Netherlands
4. It is a museum, so you can visit the Cubic Houses.
5. There was no information on the price of the Cubic Houses.
6. This was initially made for houses and to be lived in. You can rent it out, but people also tour it.
7. I chose this building because it looked cool! I love the color of yellow and how they all seem to connect to each other. You will probably know your neighbors pretty well, because what seems to be the upstairs are connected. I wonder if the fact it looks like they're falling will have any affect on the inside of the house at all.















Comments

Popular Posts